Is your child going through a tough time? Acting out? Feeling overly worried or fearful? Summit Behavioral Pediatrics Clinic can help!
Call today us today at 716-629-3444 to schedule an appointment with one of our licensed psychologists at one of our convenient locations:
Northtowns: 415 North French Road, Amherst, NY 14228
Southtowns: 4535 Southwestern Boulevard, Hamburg, NY 14075
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 - 5:00 (Evenings by appointment)
Most insurance plans accepted.
What is the Summit Behavioral Pediatrics Clinic?
The Behavioral Pediatrics Clinic at Summit Educational Resources, Inc., offers education and short-term interventions to families struggling with common childhood problems including depression, anxiety, behavior challenges, or concerns related to ADHD and autism spectrum disorders. Our professionals can also help with feeding, sleeping and toileting difficulties.
Summit can help by providing assessment and brief, effective interventions. Our clinical team is comprised of licensed psychologists with specialized training in the treatment of childhood problems. To help ensure coordinated care, Summit providers maintain contact with referring physicians providing them with regular treatment summaries.
Our Behavioral Pediatric Services
Assessments and evaluations for children and families
Summit’s Licensed Psychologists are experienced in diagnosing the full range of DSM psychological and mental health disorders in children and adolescents. Additionally, our professionals provide specialized evaluations for Autism Spectrum Disorders using the ADOS and ADI-R, considered the “Gold Standard” tools for autism assessment. Most diagnostic evaluations are covered by health insurance plans. Professionals are also available to provide specialized behavioral assessment services, including functional behavioral assessments (FBAs) and Functional Analyses (FAs) for individuals on the autism spectrum who present with challenging behaviors.
Finally, our professionals will provide targeted evaluations in the areas of cognitive functioning/intelligence, adaptive behavior, academic skills, speech/language, occupational therapy, physical therapy and vocational.
Conditions we treat
Summit provides individual, group and family-based interventions for children, adolescents and young adults with the following conditions using evidence-based treatments. Most of these interventions are covered by health insurance plans. These services may also be available through the Erie County Family Voices Network (FVN) Wrap-Around services program.
- Anxiety disorders including: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), generalized anxiety, panic disorder, specific phobias, social anxiety, separation anxiety and school phobia.
- Disruptive behavior disorders including: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), conduct disorder (CD), and general behavior problems
- Elimination disorders including enuresis, nocturnal enuresis and encopresis
- Mood disorders including dysthymia and depression
- Pervasive developmental disorders including: Autism, Asperger’s Disorder and PDD-NOS
- Others conditions including tics, Tourette’s, habit disorders, thumb-sucking, sleep problems, selective mutism, tantrums, defiant behavior and social delays.
Comprehensive, evidence-based treatments
Summit is committed to providing treatment options that have documented evidence of effectiveness. Many of the practices used are listed in the American Psychiatric Association Division 53 list of Evidenced-Based Mental Health Treatments for Children and Adolescents.
Available treatment options include:
- Anger management groups for adolescents
- Cognitive-behavior therapy
- Coping skills training
- Systematic desensitization
- Exposure and response prevention
- Habit reversal
- Parent child interaction therapy
- Organizational skills groups
- Parenting education
- Parent-teen negotiation
- Saturday Treatment Program for children with ADHD
- Self-control therapy
- Skill building
- Social development groups
- The Coping CAT