Summit Educational Resources has offered Service Coordination since 2000 and consistently receives high marks for the quality of care we provide from the individuals we serve and their families.
Summit’s Service Coordinators assist individuals, regardless of age, in finding supports and services to help facilitate independence in their community. They provide support and advocacy, and work with individuals and caregivers to:
- identify each individual’s goals
- determine eligibility for services
- identify and link individuals and their caregivers to area programs, services and natural supports
- monitor and coordinate services and activities
Caring for a family member with a disability often requires a great deal of help from extended family, friends, and professionals. With this knowledge, Summit’s highly-skilled professionals also help families and caregivers find their way through the myriad of programs and services available to children and adults with disabilities.
Some of the things that your Service Coordinator can assist with include:
- Applying for and maintaining food stamps, Medicaid, and SSI
- Issues surrounding Guardianship
- Finding medical care
- Referrals for living arrangements outside the family home
- Identifying day, recreation and leisure, and respite opportunities
- Environmental Modification (EMODS) and Adaptive Technology and Services to help ensure that your home is safe and accessible
This service is funded by the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and provided at no direct cost to individuals who are eligible.
For more information, please call 716-799-8137.